Joint Initiative Between Ipswich Rugby Club and Woodbridge Rugby Club.
Free to Try Out
To encourage a player centred game
, these Clubs have pooled their resources (Excellent Coaching and the Best Club Houses in the region) to boost the Girls game in the local community. All abilities for ages 11-18 (Yr 7- Yr11) are welcome to come try out Rugby
with East Suffolk Lynx. Transitioning Up to East Suffolk Lynx
U11s can Transition Up to East Suffolk Lynx through the link programme
Progression to Women's RugbyAge Grade Rugby
Progression Into Women's Rugby (Over 18) is available at both Clubs to the Ipswich Scorpions or the Woodbridge Amazons
- All decisions will be made based on the wants and needs of the player
- Player welfare and safety remains as the primary focus
- Consistent age bandings and incremental player progressions
- A nationally consistent playing menu and calendar
- An integrated England Rugby Player Development pathway and representative framework
- Training for coaches, referees, parents, teachers and others
- Codes of Practice ensure best practice and to help apply Regulation
- Formation of an Age Grade Club Advisory Group
- On-going research and insight from players to ensure the game is aligned to their wants and needs
- Stepping stone approach to the players’ development with the Rules of Play.
In short we want girls to have fun playing rugby whilst learning something new at every session, becoming the best player they can and want to be!
For more information contact Natilie Swateridge
(email@example.com) or Andrew Wilesmith